Double knitting and stuff

Saturday, September 09, 2006

No-sew purse



This purse is made on straight needles...double pointed work best...There are no seams to sew up and it has 3 sections inside for your "what have you "...change purse..keys..makeup. I used drapery rings for the the flap and made the design on the rings using a macrame' square knot and for the strap I used a half square knot which makes a twist. It could have been braided or knitted or crocheted...

I made a macrame wall hanging a long time ago and I'd been thinking of trying it again. I have a bag full of these drapery rings so I decided to combine the rings and macrame' with my knitting. You could also use costume bracelets or what have you. I didn't want to add buttons or anything you have to be doing up and undoing. Just flip it over and back and the weight keeps it closed.





Doesn't look like much but this is the purse and the inside sections. When you fold it back on itself...it will be right side out and ready to knit the flap.
Like so.....I don't take very good pictures. In the picture below, I'm trying to show the sections inside the purse before I added the flap etc.




So here it is...my no-sew purse, complete with 3 inside pockets, all made in one piece. I think it might be cute on a teen and would go well with jeans.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Knitting Rose said...

This is a wonderful purse! I am going to try to make one too! I will probably only try a one pocket purse though - don't think I could figure out two or three on my own.
LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home