Double knitting and stuff

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Socks are finished

I don't have any models to try on the socks, so please keep in mind that they are not my size. I take a 7 1/2 and these would fit a 5 1/2.



Here is the little flaw I was talking about earlier. When I turn the heel I get these little holes. They are more obvious on my big feet.

Maybe I'll just say that I do that on purpose so my feet can breath. I remember my mother saying that your nose should smell and your feet should run. Not the other way around.

The socks feel very comfortable and made with a chunky yarn, they would make nice cosy slippers.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn,

Got your email. Hello! I agree, its always nice to meet fellow crafters (makes us feel a little less "abnormal" than the Muggles (to borrow a word) that don't understand our drive. A suggestion for your holes - try picking up a couple of stitches at the top of the gusset and knit them together on your first round - this will help. It also looks like you might have a little bit of "ladder". Do you knit on dpn's or circulars? The solution here is to make sure you pull the first st or two a bit tighter than normal. Hope to "see" you soon on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home