Double knitting and stuff

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Made a mistake??

Correcting mistakes with double knitting. I recommend that you check your work after each row. If you made a mistake in the previous row, it can be corrected without too much trouble.
I came across the site of Stitch Diva Studios.
As well as some beautiful things, there is a really good page with excellent pictures to show how to correct your mistakes. You'll want to add it to your favorites.
http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=147

I'm working on an unusual sweater. Sure hope it turns out the way I want it to, or at least close.

I made dandelion wine again this year. I just got it bottled and now I see that the choke cherries are beginning to ripen. I plan on making as many gallons as I can. I drink white wine as a rule, but I do like the choke cherry wine. It should all be ready for Christmas and New years. (that's as long as we can wait) I heard that strawberry wine is really good. I planted strawberries this year, so maybe I'll give that a try next summer. Nothing like a good meal, good wine and good friends. Another I've been meaning to try is rose hip wine. Maybe try that before this summer is out.
The last time I made choke cherry wine, I went out and picked a garbage bag full. I had berry juice from one end of the kitchen to the other. What I mess I made. I swore I'd never do it again. (wine was good though) This time...one gallon a day and that's it. Taking the pits out of a garbage bag full of choke cherries...is the pits!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home