Double knitting and stuff

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Give it a Try

In case you can't tell, I am still trying to figure this all out. I have to be away tomorrow but I will be thinking of another double knitting idea. I do have a few things in mind, but making them is another story. That's the fun part. I would love to hear from other's that like to make their own unusual patterns. This double knitting takes a little time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, there is not very much that you can't make without seams...I hate sewing seams.
If you want to give it a little try...just cast on an even number of stitches...say 24.
Knit one, slip one (purl wise)....continue across this row and each row until your work is a few inches long. Pull it off the needle and turn it inside out...and you have a little bag that looks fine on the inside. When you knit a stitch you can pick up the slip stitch at the same time when you bring the needle back...saves time...the knitting is neat even if you are not a neat knitter. This is good!!....You just have to keep in mind that you are working both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home